But, this little video has some good stuff, and if your colleagues and/or admin are still resistant to BYOD in your school, either send it to them, or use the content to help you formulate talking points to help make your case.
I agree that BYOD is something that is almost going to be forced upon schools. Technology prices are way to steep for most districts, but families often have the technology sitting at home during the day not being used. I think it's a great idea and plan on implementing some BYOD lessons this year.
This has been an interesting conversation in my district. Some teachers want BYOD banned. (We have primarily dealt with Kindle/Nooks being brought in for reading purposes.) In my opinion, that is a backwards way of thinking. If a student is comfortable with their device, why not encourage it? Simply put, why ban a good thing?
I agree that BYOD is something that is almost going to be forced upon schools. Technology prices are way to steep for most districts, but families often have the technology sitting at home during the day not being used. I think it's a great idea and plan on implementing some BYOD lessons this year.
ReplyDeleteThis has been an interesting conversation in my district. Some teachers want BYOD banned. (We have primarily dealt with Kindle/Nooks being brought in for reading purposes.) In my opinion, that is a backwards way of thinking. If a student is comfortable with their device, why not encourage it? Simply put, why ban a good thing?
ReplyDelete