Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A book about flipping your class from the guys who started it all

I was reading this article on Emerging Ed Tech, which is basically a rave review of a book by John Bergmann and Aaron Sams, two of the leading pioneers in the flipped classroom concept. The book is entitled "Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day". This review sent me to the Amazon.com page to look it over, and I read several of the reviews there; most of them were also quite positive.

So I ordered the book, only $9.95 for the Kindle version; since I've moved overseas, the Kindle has been a Godsend for me. Since I'm planning to experiment for the first time with flipping my 9th grade math class this upcoming school year (I mean, starting on Monday, that is), I figured some tips and advice from two of the experts might come in handy.

So, I'll give it a look and let you know what I think. Not that I'm an expert...

1 comment:

  1. I read another person's post about the flipped classroom and I am curious to see how it all works out. I am still not sure I fully get the entire concept. I think the best way to fully understand it is to see one in action. I hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete